The Sloan Y. Bashinsky Lab is the business computer lab located on the Ground floor of the Bruno Library. The Bashinsky Lab is comprised of a main lab, a graduate lab, and three classrooms. Use of the lab is open to all students taking at least one business class.
If it is your first time using the lab, you will need to register upon arrival. Follow the prompts on the screen for help registering or see a Technology Group employee for assistance!
Interim Lab Hours
Culverhouse Technology Group Lab Policies
The computer labs are intended for academic use. During open lab hours, talking should be kept to a minimum and patrons should use a low tone of voice. Disruptive individuals will be asked to leave. In some cases, a patron may be banned from using the Culverhouse College of Business labs. If necessary, campus police will be contacted to attend to unruly patrons.
- Patrons must follow all guidelines outlined or mandated by The University of Alabama in regard to health and safety (i.e., face mask and social distancing).
- The use of cell phones inside the labs is strictly prohibited. Cell phones and other electronic devices should be set to silent or vibrate.
- Personal property should not be left in the computer lab(s) for any amount of time. The Culverhouse College of Business and its employees cannot be held liable for any damage or missing personal property.
- Do not bring food or drinks into the labs.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, e-cigs and/or tobacco products inside the labs is strictly prohibited.
- Lab monitor stations and phones are reserved for use by lab assistants employed by the Culverhouse College of Business.
- Please do not place communication materials (e.g., flyers, lab hours, seating arrangements, or other class-related items) on the walls or doors without prior permission from the Culverhouse College of Business Technology Group.
- Only classes or events with the intention of using the computers should request the use of a computer lab. If a class or event has multiple lab reservations and is found that the computers were not used, or they have failed to show on multiple occasions, all future requests/reservations will be canceled or moved to a classroom without further explanation.
- Groups/classes must have a reservation in order to be admitted, or they will be asked to leave the lab area.
- Personal laptops may not be hooked up to the lab network except at the laptop-dedicated ports of a lab’s media station.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18.